cliveb;617965 Wrote:
> I just tried this on Windows - Firefox and Safari displaying the same
> photo side-by-side. I was expecting to see no difference. But b*gger me
> they did look different - the Safari rendition seemed to be slightly
> darker. I was so surprised by this that I then tried with Firefox and
> IE, and found that again the IE rendition looked darker than Firefox.
> Then I compared IE and Safari and discovered that this time the IE one
> was lighter - seemingly the same as I recalled Firefox.
>
> Then the penny dropped. Whichever browser was on the right hand side of
> the screen gave a seemingly darker rendition. Swapping the positions of
> Firefox and Safari reversed the difference - Firefox now looking
> darker. I believe it might be down to the direction from which the
> ambient lighting comes (but that's just my layman's guess).

Let me solve the mystery for you: the reason why a photo looks better
on Safari then on Firefox is due to the fact that I'm using a pirated
version of Firefox on my Mac. That's the version I've downloaded from
an illegal Chinese (or was it Russian, I forgot) site.

I think that, by cracking the intellectual property protection code on
Firefox, the hackers have managed to somehow degrade its ability to
render photos flawlessly.

If you happen to have a legit version of Firefox, the one you bought in
the legit store, then naturally you won't be able to experience the
differences I've described here.

--
magiccarpetride