By popular (or at least Curt962) demand I am opening this as a new
thread, from its humble origins as a ramble at the end of a Pissing
Contest.
I wonder there may be some scope to introduce a crossover correction as
an SBS plugin, along the lines of Inguz DRC. It seems to me that this
would be an elegant solution cutting out the need for expensive and
possibly sound degrading additional boxes.
Advocates of active crossover system argue that it reduces load on amps
and means that cheaper speakers and amps can be used to produce the same
level of performance or higher.
However I am not sure how (even say with 2 way speakers) the corrected
signal could be turned into 4 analogue line level signals. Is it
possible to create 2 separate synched 2 channel streams which could be
sent via 2 squeezeboxes via analog out or perhaps coax to 2 dacs. Or
could there be scope for a double decker squeezebox with 4 analog / 2
simultaneous digital outputs.

Does anyone have any interest in the development of such a product?

--
adamdea