johann;621968 Wrote:
> Yes and you could have similar issues with analogue xovers themselves,
> or power amps and speaker drivers for that matter but at least as long
> as there are just one volume control there are less sources of errors.
Surely the answer is that as with a transporter you trim the analog
output level to roughly the right amount and then use digital
attenuation mjust for the fine tuning.
I do this at home using a passive preamp and very rarely change its
volume setting.
For the active system you could do this using single resistors on the
line outs which can be pretty accurately matched, but 2 passive preamps
or a single 4 way unit would be fine.
Perhaps it would be helpful if you could identify which active
crossover system you think avoids this issue. For my part i think that
if you are worried about 4 resistors not matching you ought to be far
more worried about all those components in 2 separate 2 way crossovers.

--
adamdea