> 2) Transporter: Will not use the DAC on the transporter as the Audio
> Research Dac 8 is far superior. It has two oscillators: one for
> multiples of 44.1 KHZ and one for multiples of 48 KHZ so we avoid
> fractional sampling and the music is played at the native frequency.
> Have some 88.2 khz material (vinyl rips) that I would like to play in
> the native frequency via my laptop. The audio research Dac 8 does this.
> As of now, no other dac does this, same thing goes for 176 khz. Ayre and
> others will upsample it to 192 and not play at the native frequency.
> Native frequency sounds much better.
>

> 5) DRC: not sure what you mean. Request clarification

2)The PS Audio PWD will play all files at "native" resolution if you
tell it to; I believe there are a few other DACs (Empirical Audio DAC
and also EA Off Ramp Converter)like this.

5) DRC - I think the reference is to DSP (digital) Room Correction

--
firedog

GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Tranquil PC fanless WHS server running
SqueezeServer; SB Touch slaved to Empirical Audio Pace Car; MF X-DACV3,
MF X-150 amp, Devore Gibbon Super 8 Speakers; Dual 506 + Ortofon 20
(occasional use); sometimes use PC with M-Audio 192 as digital source.
SB Boom in second room. Arcam CD82 which I don't use anymore, even
though it's a very good player.