adamdea;622011 Wrote:
> ...The touch has 2 different oscillators actually. I know this because i
> replaced at Audio upgrades (maybe now called Fidelity audio or
> something).
> Some dacs do automatically convert sample rates- but I didn't know that
> all of them (apart from AR) did. I am not sure whether the touch does
> for its SPDIF out, but other more technical folk will know.

Most DAC's do not resample. The Touch does not resample.
Some DAC's use an ASRC chip to resample. "Native rate playback" is
irrelevant when using ASRC or SOX on the SBS. This is an enduring myth
that needs busting :-)

(NB do not confuse with "oversampling" which is whole different thing).

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.