Tom186;624753 Wrote:
> Clearer. More authoritative in the bass area. Closer to my reference (an
> async USB connection from my Mac into the rDAC). But the real answer is:
> There is only one way to find out.

I've tried it last night. Changed the buffer size from 4,000 to 3,600
(ttbuffer). Did I hear a night-and-day difference? No. Did I hear some
difference? I'd say yes, but in a subtle way. Overall, the sound became
more 'liquid', if that's even a meaningful qualifier. I've used
Santana's "Oye Como Va" as a yardstick when comparing two buffer sizes.
With 3,600, the bass sounds stronger and more melodic, more focused and
thus somewhat deeper. The highs are mellower, allowing the sparkle of
cymbals and maracas to shine trough with less glare (btw, what a
fantastic band performance from "Abraxas"!)

Overall, I'd call it a worthwhile tweak.

--
magiccarpetride