snottmonster;625542 Wrote:
> Urghh... Thanks (I think). I got as far as the new claim that "A Windows
> based server sounds better then a Linux based server on the same HW" (ie
> about 10 pages) and felt the will to live slowly draining from my
> body...
No, no -- have another beverage (espresso, ale, wine, whiskey,
whatever) and keep reading. You have to get to the part about shielded
vs unshielded ethernet cable.  ;o)

And as for 'Gazjam's question'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=625418#post625418),
yes, I did try the mods. I didn't do extensive comparisons, but I'm not
even sure I heard 'something'. So far the best I can give the mods is a
'maybe' for audible improvement under my current conditions (system,
room, ears, etc).

The one definite plus is that it finally pushed me to run cat5e cable
to that part of the house.

--
aubuti