Wombat;626896 Wrote:

> Depending on the setting using a 25% phase response with sox i found it
> already changing frequencys from 16khz on my impulse samples. So that
> may play a role here.
>
> You have to guarantee that "Upsampling + 20kHz Lowpass + 40khz LowPass"
> is doing a better job together as just doing "20kHz Lowpass" in the DAC

I can see how the phase set to 25% could be "rolling" 16khz on to some
extent. I have seen that in some of the "intermediate" filter setting
tests. Its interesting how that sounds a bit more like vinyl to me! It
may also be a system thing given I have a lot of silver with the ribbon
tweeters etc. More for the tweeker paradise! (I wont even mention that I
just swapped out my inductors for 10g North Creek - for another post!)

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.