Helloharry;627798 Wrote:
> Hi soundcheck, i hv been off line for a few days and thanks v much for
> your reply:
>
> 1. I checked the 44.1/16 and its stable
> 2. I run it wired, on a dlink 655 router, shielded cat5 (am getting
> cat6a but can tfnd good ones) to a dlink hub 1005d, unshield patch cord
> to touch and then spdif toslink to dac.
> 3. I tried the 100bps half duplex mode and it works smoothly
> 4. When i first initially set it up i said it works smoothly because i
> was playing radio..
> 5. I usually set flac decode native on touch rather than pcm coz i have
> some 192 music, i tried flac pcm but did not solve the crackling
> problem.
> 6. I looked into the qos, but there arent much things there that i
> understand..
>
> Would you recommend that i use the half duplex mode instead? Or the
> default auto mode?
> Is there any specific qos setting i should modify that could solve the
> problem? The server is totally dedicated for touch.
> Btw, the linear psu for hub that you recommend, would just any 5v1a
> linear psu works? There some no brand wall plug type linear psu i find
> here in china which cost just maybe 20usd, i can't find any better ones
> in a metal box..
>
> Many thanks! Harry

QoS:

On my DIR-855 I under Advanced/QoS Engine

Enabled: QoS & Automatic Classification

Some other routers allow to set priorities also on HW ports.
I would  skip the SW ports tweaking for the beginning.

Transmission speed:

I'm running currently 100MBIT duplex on the server.

You should figure out what works best for you. There are too many
variables
on the network.

PS:

I also used one of those fad 5-6A  ebay supplies, which comes with
several different connectors and voltages. (I had it at hand)

Cheers

--
soundcheck

::: ' Touch Toolbox 2.0'