PasTim;629977 Wrote:
> I did - that's where the "error message" comes from.  I've tried several
> buffer sizes.
>
> Can I ask why the buffer size would make a difference?  Keeping the
> load on the cpu down makes a lot of sense, but I can' see why the
> buffer size would, unless it indirectly causes more cpu thrashing.
>
> I may have to revert to (native) flac.  Even at the default buffer size
> I get some cut-outs.  It may be my network can't handle PCM.

As I wrote on the blog. The message is related to a kernel bug. It's
not an issue. Logitech would have to patch the (old) Linux kernel to
get rid of it. This probably will never happen.

If you run 7.5.4. you might run into performance problems.
That has been reported some posts earlier.
Upgrading to 7.6-beta did the trick for those people.
I do recommend to stay with 7.5.3. - if possible. I'm well aware that
due to Logitech update mechanisms this is not an easy undertaking. ;)

If you won't manage leave the buffer size at default.

--
soundcheck

::: ' Touch Toolbox 2.0'
(http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com/2011/01/soundchecks-squeezebox-touch-toolbox-20.html)