mashley;629808 Wrote:
> Anyone Interested in putting forward some signatures to petition Pandora
> to finally Re-Code to a higher bitrate?
In case you weren't aware, they already have their Pandora One service,
which streams 192kbps. It's a subscription service for $36/year. The
drawback is that it only works with their web-based player. Supposedly
they've been promising Logitech (and presumably Sonos et al.) an API
that will let it work with other players, but so far nothing tangible.

Alternatives? It depends a lot where you are. I believe Spotify streams
at a high bitrate, but it's not available in the US yet. Rhapsody does
192kbps. There are various internet radio stations that do 192kbps or
better, including Radio Paradise.

--
aubuti