@Wombat: AFAIU, those problems come from the distance between the
listener and the tweeter versus the distance between the listener and
the woofer, and if so, can't you just adjust the angle of the speakers
to get the timing/coherence right? Or is there something else at play?
If timing/coherence really is the main problem, I'm inclined to believe
that it can be better (and more easily) solved by adjusting the tilt of
the speakers, instead of inverting the phase of the tweeters.

@tank121: I guess it would align the height of the tweeters better to
your ears when you're sitting down. And perhaps give the woofers more
physical room to ... woof ... in, without reflecting off the floor, or
something. But as it was Phil Leigh who mentioned turning the speakers
upside down, I'll look forward to his answer. Better to keep your mouth
shut and be thought a fool... well, it's too late for me now anyway. :D

--
Soulkeeper

-that is not dead which can eternal lie. and with strange aeons even
death may die.-
touch + duet + boom + radio / wrt160n/dd-wrt / sbs 7.5.1 or
higher/win7(32b)/avira free