Soulkeeper;630535 Wrote:
> @Wombat: AFAIU, those problems come from the distance between the
> listener and the tweeter versus the distance between the listener and
> the woofer, and if so, can't you just adjust the angle of the speakers
> to get the timing/coherence right? Or is there something else at play?
> If timing/coherence really is the main problem, I'm inclined to believe
> that it can be better (and more easily) solved by adjusting the tilt of
> the speakers, instead of inverting the phase of the tweeters.
>
> @tank121: I guess it would align the height of the tweeters better to
> your ears when you're sitting down. And perhaps give the woofers more
> physical room to ... woof ... in, without reflecting off the floor, or
> something. But as it was Phil Leigh who mentioned turning the speakers
> upside down, I'll look forward to his answer. Better to keep your mouth
> shut and be thought a fool... well, it's too late for me now anyway. :D

Rotating a given design kills the finetuning that may have come into a
given crossover design. The vendor should suggest how to position the
speaker. Rotating, up-down and one more around is a gamble. You may be
lucky but better is imho to use the speakers as they were designed to
work.
And yes, if you don´t change the hight of the position but rotate them
180° you should change the polarity. When you rotate them and move them
up the wall you most likely won´t have to. Better to measure such
things...

--
Wombat

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers