Wombat;630560 Wrote:
> You have to time-align any speaker design with crossover parts,
> otherwise you won´t have a linear frequency response. Dali themself is
> marketing their designs with "Time coherence is a must in any DALI
> speaker" but who knows what they mean with that :)
> A 12dB crossover is what i expect with this set of drivers and
> cross-over point. It mustn´t be simple but i don´t find any details on
> their side.
> So in theory rotating will change the speakers behaviour.
>
> But this is all theory and you are right. Why not trying it. There are
> so many factors it may be the better thing that way around.
> I only may add that when trying to rotate the speaker someone may also
> try to change the polarity of the tweeeter ;)

You don't HAVE to try and time-align the drivers - lots of designs
don't :-)

Also to get perfect time-alignment in a passive multi-driver design
usually requires some form of stepped baffle...

This is another area where active designs often win out because it is
much easier and cheaper to do high quality time-alignment at line level
where you aren't limited to just inductors and capacitors.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.