I see there has been a discussion regarding Audiolense filters and
attenuation in Inguz lately.

The Audiolense filters always maxes at -1 dB at whatever speaker and
frequency needs the most lifting. So, normally, a gain of 0 dB will
produce no audible clipping. How much the sound will be attenuated by
the filters overall varies from setup to setup, and alsow with the
amount of correction applied. Typical values are 6-10dB.

However, in Inguz, due to some sort of level matching functionality,
the attenuation specified in the config file doesn't reflect the real
attenuation you get. My estimation is that a setting between -16dB and
-20dB will give 0 dB of attenuation which is really what the Audiolense
filters need - and a playback without digital clipping. But this is
highly content dependant. Hot recordings with high spl level will clip
a lot sooner than a classical recording that has hardly been
compressed.

In any case it makes sense to dial in the dB setting by ear. If you
wonder what digital clipping sounds like in your system, simply set the
attenuation to 0 and listen with Audiolense filters engaged.

--
BerntR