adamdea;632884 Wrote:
> Thanks Bernt
> I am baffled by this because my subjective impression is that applying
> the filter has reduced the volume level significantly.
> Is there any way of checking the presence of clipping in the inguz log?

Adam - the Inguz log (log.txt) records clipping CAUSED BY Inguz. What
Bernt is saying is that no matter what correction filter AL calculates,
it will never cause clipping. Imagine the rather odd example where AL
decided what was required was to simply boost by 6dB at 1kHz. In order
to implement this it will generate a filter that reduces everything by
6dB then boost 6dB at 1kHz. The net result of this is that the track
will sound 6dB quieter...

Therefore, in any filter that AL generates there will be a consequent
gain reduction (no free lunch - can't boost without clipping unless you
cut everything else first).

It's INGUZ I'm not sure about...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.