JezA;633749 Wrote:
> I'd go for speakers 6' apart and sit 6' away on axis with nothing
> between me and the speakers. I'd also look for stands that put the
> tweeters at least ear height.  But then that's just me.

No, it's not just you, I would too!  - but there's a dining table in
the way...

It's NOT going to sound great with a table between you and the
speakers, no matter where you put them. I'd stick with wall mounting
and get them up high so that you will be mostly listening to the
tweeters not the tweeters reflected/interfered with by the table.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.