OK i'm going with the 1ft in from the side walls.

The room is getting plastered on Tuesday so I take it I'll need to wait
a couple of days before drilling the holes for the mounting brackets.

Is it best to drill the holes before the wallpaper is on ?

The speaker cable is not in yet because the plasterboard has
intentionally be left off the stud wall in the storage area side of the
wall.

So
1) drill the holes
2)Fit the brackets, fit the bracket on the rear on the speaker and hang
it.
3) This will give the exact height for the wholes to be drilled for the
speaker wire to come through the stud wall ?

I'm only ordering the speakers on just should take about a week from
Denmark.

Managed to get them for £799.00 with the mountain brackets which cost
£50.00

Picked the carpet today.
This is going to be the AV cabinet. Your thoughts please.

http://www.gecko-furniture.co.uk/ProductRanges/Sapphire/sapphire.html

--
tank121