JezA;633787 Wrote:
> There's not necessarily a dining table in the way Phil; didn't his
>
> Alternatively the table goes nearer to the window and we sit in front
> of the speakers about 5-6ft away. Gap between speakers 6ft.
>
> Or have I misunderstood?
>
> The man has to decide whether dining table gets best sound or he does.
>
> Is it a dining room with background speakers, or is it a listening room
> with an (occasionally used) dining table somewhere where it won't get in
> the way of the music?
>
> Putting the speakers on low stands to fire under the dining table won't
> achieve much imo.

I'm not sure - but the 6ft triangle will work and then stands with the
tweeter at (sitting) ear height will be best...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.