Hi guys.

I havn't been around for a while. ( And automatic notifcation didn't
work)

1. SPDIF mod:

I soldered the cable end right to the motherboard and even cut off the
comb connector to avoid any noise pickup / impedance mismatch from that
connector board. If you apply the SPDIF mod you'd do it too, remove the
SPDIF jack and  glue that cable end to the board.

And it is also very important to have the right setup on the receiver
side.
I meanwhile tested 4 different pulse-transformers. They all add their
own signature. And they make a huge difference. They all were better
than no pulse-transformer.

2. Clock

I expected that a clock upgrade would make a difference. Especially if
you introduce a new PS with it. Many of my mods do have an indirect
impact on the power supply situation. It makes sense to me that the
Toolbox will have lesser impact.
Slaving the Touch to a master clock ( John you did it - right? )  might
be the even better solution.

I'm not sure though if to spent any more money and time on that
machine.

With my own version of the Toolbox (TT30), I don't have the feeling
that there's a need to apply any more mods.

3. ttvol100

I admit I havn't done my homework - because the 7.6. code snippet I've
seen looked pretty much like the ttvol100 tweak. I'll test it. And
report back.
I do trust Tom186, that if he says there is something - that there is
something.

Cheers

--
soundcheck