soundcheck;645238 Wrote:
> Thx Caad. Looks great.
>
> My Touch looks pretty similar to yours, since quite some time. Just a
> little less modified on the HW side. I put already some OsCons in.
> When reading about your mods I figured that I might be able to gain
> more with the local decoupling mods.
> Don't worry about loosing warranty. Everybody sticking a heated iron on
> the board is well aware of it I'd guess. ;)
>
> Thx again.
>
> Cheers

Hi again.
Oscon caps will do a great job, but Be aware of the importance of the
100nf is a SMD.
Because the leaded cap has to much induction in the leads. This
induction Will make a to big xL to the leaded cap.  It would Be a good
idea to replace the U14 hex inverter with single inverter Gates (no
buffered must Be used as the U14 already is. When a Using single gate
inverter instead of a hex inverter have adwandage of very short bonding
wires and you Will Be able to place the 100nf very close between the
supply pin and gnd pin.
A good adwise is to keep the leads as short as possible to the oscon
to. Best is to use SMD oscons.
Why ? Make a simple calculation by measure the lenght of tha caps
leads and measure the distance of the supply pin / gnd pin to middle of
U14. ADD these lenghts together and notice that 1mm lenghts of lead Will
introduce approx 1nH.. Then calculate xL for the given clock frq.
In other words, keep leads as short for keeping the supply ripple to
minimum..= lower jitter!! ;-)
Regards
Caad

--