pippin;645532 Wrote:
> Does the TinyAmp only take 16 bit input? If yes, nothing you could ever
> do on the touch could improve the situation because the loss is in the
> interface.
> If not, there should not be any loss unless you use HD material at 24
> bits. CDs are only 16 bit which is far enough even from volume 1 to
> even limit rounding errors a bit (although these will still be there).

Thank you for the reply.

I believe that the TinyAmp takes 24bit input.
But as you correctly guess, I normally listen to 16bit CDs (FLAC).

The issue about sound quality loss at lower volumes has been discussed
many times in the forum, and the general recommendation is to leave
volume at 100 - unfortunately that is not an option for me.

/Martin

--
martinh

Best regards
Martin

CURRENT EQUIPMENT:
- Squeezebox Duet / Windows-based Squeezebox Server
- Cambridge DacMagic D/A converter
- Tara Labs Master G2 RCA interconnects
- Atoll IN100 Integrated Amplifier
- Argento copper speaker cables