ralphpnj;661985 Wrote:
> Perhaps I didn't explain myself very clearly when I wrote that "content
> is worthless" because I don't mean that the content has no value, be it
> music, video, books or software, but rather that because of the ease of
> copying and ability to quickly distribute those copies, digital content
> is becoming almost "worthless". Steve Jobs seems to have recognized this
> fact quite some time ago and made Apple a content gatekeeper rather than
> a content producer. Case in point, the iTunes store has been making lots
> of money while the content producers, i.e. the record labels, have been
> losing money.

Ok I Agree with that. My original point was about lack of Flash support
which is seriously messing with my enjoyment of my iPad as a browser. I
know Apple would like the major providers who use Flash to stop using
it... But it isn't happening as far as I can see. It is less likely to
happen if competitors such as Kindle Fire support Flash. IMO content
will ultimately eventually win over transient platform/hardware
limitations. Apple is not and will not be the boss of everything no
matter how much they want to be. If content providers decide they want
to stick with Flash for now, apple should support Flash and explain to
their customer base that their batteries don't last as long as they
should because Flash is inefficient. Let the customer decide their own
destiny.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.