just had a rather long look at this thread. very interesting. I have
used Klaus' mods in the past, but due to changing residence didn't get
back to using it. At that time it made a difference, though not huge.
Still, a difference (for the better) only with SW is a HUGE thing in an
audiophile world, where we sometimes have to spend quite a lot of time
and/or money to get an incremental ugrade.
A few weeks ago I replaced the original PSU with a Welborne... and boy,
the difference was not subtle at all. It was a real upgrade in every
sense. I am now very interested in trying Klaus' new mods and believe
that differences should be easier to spot now. The alternative PSU
route really, REALLY made a difference in my system.
(BTW I used to have a Duet and also used it with a Welborne; the
difference was very real, too, but since my system evolved since then I
must say that magnitude of perceived improvement might be due to a
better and more revealing system.)
Keep up the good work, Klaus
best regards
André