jcowling;664875 Wrote:
> Which do you think would yield the biggest improvement in audio quality
> to my modest system (Duet, Arcam A65 integrated amp, and Usher 520
> speakers):
>
> 1.  Upgrade from a Duet to a Touch or a inexpensive DAC such as the
> Arcam rDac with the Duet?
>
> 2.  Upgrade to the Touch and the rDac or the the Rega DAC with the
> Duet?
>
> 3.  Would it be worth it to go with the Touch and the Rega?
>
> Thanks.

Having gone from the plain Duet/analog outs to Duet plus DacMagic, to
Touch plus DacMagic, to Touch plus Rega Dac, each step was an
improvement.  Right now, I feel that I'm in audio nirvanna, given the
kit I'm currently running. Hard to imagine it could get any better
without spending ungodly amounts of additional money.

If you have the budget, I'd go straight to #3.  Jeff's advice is also
certainly worthwhile if you want to either go in incremental steps or
prefer to audition several different combinations before you settle on
one.

--
rgro

Rg

System information
Main: PS Audio Quintet > Vortexbox > Touch (wired) via optical > Rega
DAC > LFD LE IV amp > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305.

Home Theatre:  Duet/SBR (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5
Classic 5.1.

SBS 7.6.1 r33149 running on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 1.9.  Touch
w/Hardware V.5.  Touch: FW 7.6.1 r9486.  Duet: FW 77 r9486.