darrenyeats;667956 Wrote:

> This is mostly about psychology. ...
> What is the rest of your system? Have you optimised the listening
> environment? Unless you have invested in quality loudspeakers (probably
> active) and addressed basic acoustics in your room, it is likely other
> distortions would make a better DAC a relatively unimportant win.
> Darren

Well what you write is true about psychology - but then again, there is
a change of sound through DACs in my environment.

When I bought my new CD player NAD CD545 the sound improved a lot -
actually that is exactly the sound I am looking for from my Touch.

When I went from Duet to Touch, there was also quite a difference. The
Touch sounds good, but just not as good as my CDplayer. I listen to a
lot of classical music, therefore the difference is probably more
apparent, than when listening to Pop etc.
High soprano voices, High Strings sound a bit harsh on the Touch and
lose a bit of the body and are less transparent.
Listening to the same music from my CDplayer, is just a lot more
soothing, musical and gratifying to me.

My system is pretty good, with a NAD Amp and Nubert speakers - which to
me sound absolutely great (took me long to find the right speakers)

So to me there is a difference between these sourceplayers, it is not
night and day, but very noticeable to me. If a new DAC will make as
much of a difference as the upgrade from Duet to Touch, then I would be
happy.

--
Squeezemenicely

Squeezebox Server 7.6.1 on Squeezeplug (Dockstar)
Synology DS-410j NAS
Squeezebox Touch
Squeezebox Boom
Spotify Premium