Thanks gizek,

it is a rather difficult decision to make, the electronics all look the
same to me. It is especially difficult, since there are no real reviews
or infos out there.
Probably the fetaudio option is best - but since I would have to pay
someone to build it for me and buy extra transformer, make a case etc.,

without actually having heard it myself to judge before, is just not a
bit too risky for me.
These sort of "homemade" DACS seem not to be widely used, unlike the
Beresford - which moreless has it's own forum and many people loving it
(in the forum) and with mixed feelings outside (most seem happy).

If you have a lot of money to spend, DAC decisions are easier - I
don't.

DAC's are a one-trick pony, so that one trick should be pretty
impressive.
I do not want to spend money, just to get the Touch sounding minimally
better and only if you really concentrate.

As with the Beresford, I have read opinions that the difference is not
really worth it, nearly nonexistant, going up to changing the sound in
a very positve way.
Trouble is, I would have to order all of these devices from abroad and
would be stuck with them - no local dealer etc.

I used to have a Duet, the sound of the Touch is much better IMHO, all
I want is something that will make my Touch sound as good as my
CDplayer.

I guess only a minimal group here are interested in a cheap but good
DAC, I would have hoped for a bit more feedback.

The Beresford would cost me about 300 Euros, the Fetaudio probably more
(getting extra parts and paying someone to build it), the Atoll around
400 Euros - noone here seems to know it.

--
Squeezemenicely

Squeezebox Server 7.6.1 on Squeezeplug (Dockstar)
Synology DS-410j NAS
Squeezebox Touch
Squeezebox Boom
Spotify Premium