korzena;672673 Wrote:
> I would really like this to be true as I  like my Squeezebox, I like its
> sound and I like the convenience of not having to use cables with my
> transport!
>
> However regarding the flatness of the sound, my experience showed me
> that even my iPod 5.5G had more depth than Touch!
>
> Squeezebox is great, but I am really missing greater dynamics, depth
> and holography. Otherwise this is such a wonderful device!

As mentioned in my earlier posts, my experience with Touch and TT3.0
has been very different. No lack of dynamics, soundstage depth, etc.

I suspect that our different impressions reflect the synergy (or lack
thereof) between Touch, other equipment in the chain, and room.

One peculiar effect of installing soundcheck's mods, both TT2.0 and 3.0
has been that each time I had to revise the setting of my subwoofer's
crossover downward by a very small amount in order to optimize the
overall tonal balance of my main system. This, in turn, has resulted in
more realistic soundstage and, more important to me, enhanced
microdynamics.

I think Klaus made the point that the full benefit of his mods depends
to some extent on fine tuning one's
system, and this seems to have been true in my experience.

Guido F.

--
guidof

MUSIC ROOM:
Marantz TT 15S1 Turntable, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge -> Conrad Johnson
Motif preamp
Oppo BDP--83 Universal Player; Squeezebox Touch (digital out) ->
Cambridge Azur 840C DAC -> Adcom GFP-750 preamp -> Music Reference
RM-200 Mk II amp -> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
DSpeaker Antimode 8033 equalizer -> REL T1 Subwoofer
BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch (analog out) -> Little Dot Mk III amp -> AKG K701
headphones
SECOND BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch -> Grado SR125 headphones