guidof;672689 Wrote:
> As mentioned in my earlier posts, my experience with Touch and TT3.0 has
> been very different. No lack of dynamics, soundstage depth, etc.
>
> I suspect that our different impressions reflect the synergy (or lack
> thereof) between Touch, other equipment in the chain, and room.
>
> One peculiar effect of installing soundcheck's mods, both TT2.0 and 3.0
> has been that each time I had to revise the setting of my subwoofer's
> crossover downward by a very small amount in order to optimize the
> overall tonal balance of my main system. This, in turn, has resulted in
> more realistic soundstage and, more important to me, enhanced
> microdynamics.
>
> I think Klaus made the point that the full benefit of his mods depends
> to some extent on fine tuning one's
> system, and this seems to have been true in my experience.
>
> Guido F.

Guido makes a good point here. Regarding soundstage dimensionality and
bass response, I had to retweak my sub (I actually had to adjust my sub
and crossovers UP a bit) AND reposition my speakers---not in any major
way----but the TT mods definitely required some changes in physical
placement in order to get the maximum height/depth and "holographic"
effect. So, while I know it can be a bit of a chore, those who
experience some fall off in soundstaging might want to play around with
speaker placement before throwing in the towel--it made a big difference
for me.

--
rgro

Rg

System information
Main: PS Audio Quintet > Vortexbox > Touch (wired) via optical > Rega
DAC > LFD LE IV amp > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305.

Home Theatre:  Duet/SBR (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5
Classic 5.1.

SBS 7.7.0 r33626 running on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.0.  Touch
w/Hardware V.5.  Touch: FW 7.7.0 r9550.  Duet: FW 7.7.0 r9546.