SBGK;679864 Wrote:
> I meant 97 without it breaking, I wouldn't expect any one to go above 65
> as the sound will be out of balance. I am using 57 for loadavg and 56
> for jivealsa, sounds superb, where have we heard that before, worth
> trying anyway.
>
> I haven't heard good things when adjusting the watchdog priority,
> taking watchdog down gives more detail, but sound is less coherent.
>
> no more changes from me, for me this is satisfactory.
>
> thanks for any help and feedback I have received and not being too rude
> to me with the endless tinkering.
>
> we can now enjoy good music as we head into the financial catastrophe
> that is 2012

Last night I demoed my system (with your latest mods freshly
installed), to my audio nutcase friends. We're talking people with many
decades of high-end audio experience, plus their undying passion for the
highest possible sound quality.

In a word, they were destroyed;) According to them, it beats their
esoteric five figure (in $$$) CD players.

It's amazing what you've accomplished, standing on Soundcheck's
shoulders. I now can't wait to see/hear what will Klaus come up with

One of the comments they were offering last night is how the sound now
dangerously approaches the liquidity and the 'wetness' and the
'juiciness' of a really high end turntable setup. This was deemed
almost impossible when it comes to digital sound (which, even on a most
esoteric equipment, tended to sound a bit dry and clinical), but now all
of a sudden we're bringing it up again.

I have a feeling that we have barely scratched the surface of what's
possible when it comes to digital sound. The future looks very
promising... Thanks you guys for blazing the trail!

--
magiccarpetride