NoRoDa;680503 Wrote:
> Is there a place where I could check/read/learn what people know about
> TT3.0 and how it works?
> Can't seem to find much in-depth in this thread or in the ones at
> diyaudio or audioasylum.
>
> The watchdog-mod as an example.
> To me it looks like the watchdog is killed by TT3.0.
> (etc/init.d/rcS, line 60  ##TTWAD)
> But still people report different sound when using different priorities
> for the watchdog process?
>
> What I want to learn more about is the changes done with the mod, the
> thoughts behind it and how it works.
>
> To be honest it's to be able to separate the mysterious reported
> differences from the more believeable ones ;)
>
> Regards
> Rolf

we are in the middle of that my friend :) -- read this thread & Klaus's
Blog to get caught up

one misconception I see is people think this is an "equalizer" & going
to use the prio settings as knobs.... um, no -- what it really is a
jitter/spdif interference adjuster & how it reacts to your DAC-- people
unwittingly might be adding jitter to add sizzle/highs, when maybe their
sys is just dull sounding :) --

the best digital I've ever heard was a dCS Paganini (the music just
f'ing *SOARS*, divorced from speakers & room) -- I sort of use that as
what I strive for (it is redicuously expensive..and they don't use an
off the shelf DAC chip (Burr Brown, etc.) they do it descretely
somehow--

they have a nice (simplified) explanation of some stuff here:

http://www.dcsltd.co.uk/page/myths

the PLL section is interesting, in how is tries to error-correct spdif,
& how different DAC will handle this differently

--
sckramer

CiAudio VDC-SB - Touch (TT 2.0 mods, removed toslink, disconnected
screen)
PSaudio DLIII DAC (Cullen 4 mods) - PSaudio Trio C-100 Amp (Cullen 3
mods)
Energy Veritas 2.2i  speakers (mundorf silver oil capacitors, inductor,
and resistor mods)
Martin Logan Depth i (x2)
PSaudio ac3 / Cardas power cables - PSaudio Duet - Cardas clear light
interconnect -- black cat veloce     digital cable - Audioquest slate
biwire spkr cables