Had a bit of time this evening and went all the way back to the original
TT 3.0 settings and had a good listen.  At least with my equipment and
ears, there's a fair difference between those original TT 3.0 settings
and SBGK's numbers.

While the original TT 3.0 sound is, by comparison, what I would call
polite, the sound with SBGK's values is downright exciting and, at
least to my tastes, noticeably more realistic, detailed and,
especially, it gets this startlingly bigger, wider,and deeper
imaging/soundstage out of my speakers.  All this without any roughness
on the extreme highs (solo violins and sopranos!) and the decay on
things like cymbals, triangle, tympani, etc. keeps going all the way to
nothingness.

I listened to Judy Collins' rendition of "Amazing Grace" and the
feeling that I was sitting right in St. Paul's chapel with her and the
choir was just uncanny...something I'd not experienced heretofore.
And, of course, there is the delight at discovering those little
details you've not heard before.

As always, YMMV, but I'm definitely sticking to the SBGK numbers
until/if something better comes along.

--
rgro

Rg

System information
Main: PS Audio Quintet > Vortexbox > Touch (wired) via optical > Rega
DAC > LFD LE IV Signature amp > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305.

Home Theatre:  Duet/SBR (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5
Classic 5.1.

SBS 7.7.1 r33751 on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.0.  Touch w/Hardware
V.5.  Touch: FW 7.7.1 r9558.  Duet: FW 7.7.1 r9557.