As promised, I listened some more, especially to compare the latest
SBGK's values (with buffer set at 20,000) to the so-called Guido F
values (with buffer at 4,000 as preferred by rgro).

In my system, although the latter sounds very good, the former -easily-
bests it.

I tried a variety of music, some (supposedly) well recorded, some
poorly so.

SBGK's values consistently return the more gripping musical experience.
As I believe he himself mentioned, one gets more easily carried away and
forgets about paying attention to the audiophile minutiae we may
otherwise feel inclined to focus on.

However, if I may take just one example, Geza Anda's masterful
rendition of the andante from Mozart's piano concerto no. 21 with the
Vienna Symphony (RCA), here are some of my notes:

- The bass is tuneful and well controlled, the midrange is better
defined (than in the case of the Guido F's values), the treble is
extended without glare.
- The intricacies of the interplay between piano and orchestra are
illuminated but the overall coherence of the piece is not lost.
- There is greater transparency of soundstage, a greater sense of being
at the performance itself.
- Above all, the dreamy quality of the piece, and of Anda's performance
of it, is conveyed effortlessly. Not a hint of listener's fatigue here.

Of course, I'm always open to try new and improved version of these or
other SW mods, but for now these settings have given me the best
results and they have become my new standard. TT3.0 was a significant
improvement over the out-of-box SBT. This is another step up. Not bad
for a < $300 device!

Many thanks to soundcheck, SBGK, and all the others who have
contributed their impressions and experiences.

Guido F.

--
guidof

MUSIC ROOM:
Marantz TT 15S1 Turntable, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge->Conrad Johnson
Motif preamp
Oppo BDP-83 Universal Player->Cambridge Azur 840C DAC
Vortexbox Appliance->WiFi Bridge->Squeezebox Touch->Toslink->Cambridge
Azur 840C DAC->Adcom GFP-750 preamp->Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp
-> Martin Logan SL3s
DSpeaker Antimode 8033->REL T1 Sub
BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch (analog out)->Little Dot Mk III amp->AKG K701
headphones
SECOND BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch->Grado SR125 headphones