I believe the point has been over looked,  The main issue is a 64kbs
stream (normal internet streaming) can not be made to sound better with
DAC or any other enhancement measures.  As some have said the only way
is to tune in a HD station that puts out a higher bitrate stream, and
that may only be 128kbs.  Does anyone know if there is a standard
bitrate level for HD streaming?  (like TV's have).  I can have one
station in my area that streams HD (AAC) and it is converted into
700kbs Flac format.  Then again I listen to LastFm and its stream is
only 128kbs.  but most station stream at 64kbs, which I feel it sounds
about half a step above AM radio.  I have a HD headunit in my car and
it brings in several local station and the sound quality is noticable.
I wish (in America) they would force all Radio broadcaster to move over
to this format as they did with TV broadcasters.

--
Recoveryone

Slim Device Transporter wirelessly connected
Pioneer Elite VSX-81TX

2nd SqueezeBox 3 Wirelessly connected (Bedroom)
Pioneer VSX 520K

3rd SqueezeBox 3 Wirelessly connected (MediaRoom)
Pioneer VSX 510

Server (In garage)
4th Squeezebox 3 Wirelessly
running on
P4 3.0 GHz
2 gig ram
Windows XP (Sp3)
Linksys NIC wireless card w/HG antana/speed boost
350 Xternal gigHD W/1.5 TB backup
Verizon 54g wireless router w/HG antana