magiccarpetride;686122 Wrote:
> The tried and tested truth about DACs, any DACs, is that they are not
> immune to the universal law of gigo (garbage in, garbage out). A DAC
> that retails for $8,000.00 will still deliver shitty sound if it's
> being fed shitty signal. Once the noise enters the picture, it
> interferes with the signal, and no fancy DAC will ever be able to
> remedy that.
>
> This is why we're attacking the problem upstream. Make sure that the
> source is sending crystal clear signal to the downstream components.
> There will be plenty of opportunity, once the signal gets handled by
> the downstream component, to dirty it up, and then you'll roll with the
> punches. But starting with a dirty signal is definitely not going to get
> you anywhere.

I'm afraid this is one of those (fairly frequent) posts that entirely
depends on not knowing what you are talking about.  The whole point of
a digital information system is that the information can be perfectly
retrieved despite high levels of noise and distortion, as opposed to an
analog system in which any amount of noise or distortion causes
information loss.
In fairness to
MCR though its only ordinary audiophile nonsense not his trademark
creative hysteria

--
adamdea