musicom;686578 Wrote:
> It would be inappropriate to ignore the analog performance of the
> product as most users will use the device with the analog outputs.
> Please read the full review (digital AND analog) which is available on
> Stereophile's website and from which the recommendations provide the
> basis for contributing editor's guidance for recommended components.
> And no malice or ulterior motives with the advertising department
> influencing the editorial department in mind - I've never seen a
> Squeezebox advertized in Stereophile or anywhere else.

Nonsense. The Touch could have easily been placed in a higher class
based on its digital output with the caveat that its analog output is
Class D. There is absolutely no doubt what so ever the Stereophile's
editorial policy is completely influenced by the advertising
department, in spite of what the editor claims.

musicom;686578 Wrote:
> Some orphaned audio playing devices (granted  these are mechanical and
> not digital which could be transcoded as long as there is no DRM or
> other licensing issues) from the last 40 years, and where there might
> be great difficulty in finding a player:  Playtape, Sanyo Cassette, 4
> track tape, RCA 3.75 IPS cassette, 8 track tape, Elcaset, Digital
> Compact Cassette.......

Obviously you have never watched the show "Hoarders".

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch