"I know one thing, that I know nothing" (Ancient Greek: ἓν
οἶδα ὅτι
οὐδὲν οἶδα hèn oîda
hóti oudèn oîda) said Socrates about Genuine Wisdom (see also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_that_I_know_nothing)

Don't want to judge who is wiser in this thread though I have my own
opinion.

Bit perfect signal reconstruction before buffering is no doubt as far
as TCP/IP takes care of it. But who can claim he has the knowledge to
answer the following questions?

1) Why does some Ethernet cables have different throughput? Is this not
related to the noise they are carrying on? What happens to this noise
when it reaches the Touch? Can't he interfere in any way with the
perfectly reconstucted signal in the signal path between the input
buffer and the digital output?

2) Doesn't packet loss and retransmission, packet jitter, packet size,
round trip delay,... cause CPU load that can in turn potentially cause
interferences with the perfectly reconstucted signal in the same signal
path?

The one who can give perfect and scientific answers to these questions
can wisely claim that bit perfect data means perfect signal output. The
others, if they think they are wise, should rather keep quiet... or
experiment to see if they can find some factual evidence to sustain
their claims.

Now I guess you can judge by yourself who I think is wiser ;)

--
evdplancke