soundcheck;686676 Wrote:
> I didn't notice that you didn't realize what's being done on the OS
> side.

That wasn't the question.  What many would like to hear is an
explanation for how the server side (OS, priorities etc) can feasibly
have an effect on the playback being performed by the player, given
that the player has received all the bits well in advance of playback
and that they are all correct.

Answering this should not need another run through of the player-side
tweaks.  The only hint of an explanation that I've detected so far is
that somehow the characteristics of the data transmission (smooth,
regular data stream versus choppy bursts of data) might affect the
electronics inside the player.

If this is the case, you should be able to find tools to monitor any
changes in the profile of the data stream that these tweaks are
supposed to induce.

Moreover - and this should be the ultimate test - pulling the ethernet
cable out should get rid of any OS/data transmission related artefacts.
Shouldn't it?  How can the server have an effect if it's no connected?
Al that's left after that's been done is perfect bits stored in the
player's buffer.

So, in a blind test, do you think you'd be able to hear an improvement
in the last 30 seconds of a track?

--
chill