superbonham;686742 Wrote:
> So what makes you so confident in this case and so undecided in the
> "cable and server tweak voodoo" case? What kind of "scientific evidence
> that there are no unicorns" are you referring to? I am not aware of any,
> still I don't believe in unicorns.
>
> It's not "our" task to prove that there is no such cable/tweak voodoo,
> because common sense at least suggests it does not exist. This thread
> still contains some counter arguments as well as a simple test set up
> ("pull the damn cable") for further assessment.
>
> Everyone claiming "facts" that contradict common sense is - in contrary
> - deemed to provide verifiable evidence for his claim. The more
> outrageous and quixotic the claim is, the more supporting evidence it
> needs.
>
> If not, we just end up with the simple
>
> ... there are unicorns, because I've seen one ...
>
> aka
>
> ... there is cable voodoo because I can hear sound improvement ...
>
> Cheers
>
> superbonham

Some evidences that unicorn does not exist: nobody did never attest to
have seen a unicorn dead, alive or fossile or any track of it.

Common sense is not factual and might be wrong. Common sense believed
the earth was flat a few centuries ago. And with common sense, nobody
would have ever found the law of relativity or quantic physics.

Why don't you admit that there is no definitive answer to the questions
I raised? I don't ask anyone to give evidence but without evidence don't
claim other's belief is false as you do.

--
evdplancke