Ron Olsen;687265 Wrote:
> If money is no object, buy the best-sounding, most expensive speakers
> you can afford. Include a subwoofer if your main speakers don't have
> deep bass response. Position speakers properly, do electronic and/or
> acoustic room correction. Make sure your system has a high-quality DAC.
> Make sure your amp can drive your speakers. Everything else is a
> second-order effect.

OK so we're saying that a high end streamer from the likes of Linn will
not give significant sound benefit compared to SBT+ decent DAC?

I'm relatively new into the digital space. I did spend a lot in the old
days on Linn with a high end Sondek front ended system (long gone).

In those days the thinking was spend on the front end to minimise
GIGO.

We're saying that in the digital era that thinking may almost be
reversed?

Wow, in that case there must be a lot of people out there who have
spent thousands more on their eg. Linn Klimax DS streamers than was
necessary.

Very interesting - thank you.

--
pandasharka