darrenyeats;688185 Wrote:
> Bear in mind the SPL meter measures the total SPL, not the SPL at the
> frequency you happen to be interested in. For example, for a 10Hz input
> tone there will be a lot of distortion output so the measurement doesn't
> describe just the 10Hz fundamental...
> Darren

I call it "environment."

It's a sad story of fried amps but a nearly happy ending:

When I first got my infinity speakers, they replaced bi-amped DCM Time
Windows/Bases. The first hook-up sounded so good I gave 'em a lot of
wrapped dollars in a strawberry basket.

After I'd slept, and after I'd fried my GFA-1, and after I'd borrowed a
GFA-555 <Middle Georgia, USA is a wasteland of hi-fi>, and after I had a
walk outside behind the speakers, I realized that having 3 feet behind
the speaker wasn't the issue. I had to deal with the square faced house
next door. The bass to the rear was not impeded by my 1950's
construction.

To make a long story short, long live active crossovers ! They can make
your house sound better <and lessen the jiggle next door.>

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless