SBGK;688583 Wrote:
> have found 2 settings which do not improve the sound
>
> disabling flow control on the ethernet network adapter gives a harsh,
> shouty type of playback
>
> enabling PCI lock on boot advanced options gives a veiled sound
>
> don't know how this fits into nothing can affect the sound dogma.
> Apologies in advance, but thems my findings.

On the question of dogma: It would be very easy for me to change my
mind on this subject - simply demonstrate that the differences you
claim exist, once the placebo effect/expectation bias/whatever you want
to call it are removed from the equation. There are many here, more
expert than me, who would assist in designing the neccessary
experiment.

But you refuse to even acknowlege that such bias could be affecting
your personal perceptions. So who is being dogmatic?

--
darrell