Gazjam;688411 Wrote:
> Whoa easy there fella...
> Apologies if your native language isn't English, the comment was meant
> light heartedly.(hence the smiley)
That's the problem of a foreign language not well enough spoken - one
just does not get the subtleties. So please accept my apologies if I
overreacted ...

The starting point was your question
Gazjam;688326 Wrote:
> Question for the guys who are demanding Soundcheck prove his "no claims
> made" contribution to the Community.... and be honest ;)
> You running TT3 with your Touch setup?

which sounded to me as if you wanted to say "do not demand prove for
this claims before trying it out for yourself". I do not intend to try
it out unless there is at least some basic indication that justifies it
- and until then I actually don't have to try it out because it simply
seems to be very unilkely or even plainly stupid (depending on the
actual claim). On the other hand I do ask for evidence whenever someone
claims something that is not obvious (or generally accepted as part of
"the body of knowledge called science" as darrell put it so aptly) -
the more "outlandish" the claim the more convincing the evidence has to
be.

Gazjam;688411 Wrote:

> Did you genuinely mean me to try tweaks you suggested?
> I'm all for simple and cheap tweaks that work, but putting the Touch in
> a wooden box and wearing a tinfoil hat is fucking stupid. ;)
No, of course not - they are indeed stupid. But while they might seem
to be a bit more farfetched than the original claims by soundcheck and
others in this thread, I wanted to illustrate that they are in fact
just as plausible (or implausible for that matter).

Think about it for a minute: on these 150+ pages with more than 1500
posts there is _not a single reasonabble argument_ supporting these
claims. Directly asked for some verifiable evidence, soundcheck (and
others) evade these questions and finally talk their ways out of it by
saying "no claims made" - 150 pages is a lot of (wasted) space for no
claims if you ask me ;)

That being said, I fully endorse darrel's point of view stated in post
#1553 above.

Cheers

superbonham

--