SBGK;688509 Wrote:
> Phil,
>
> I am interested in getting some ferrites to try and reduce any rfi
> coming into my laptop, router, ethernet etc. You said you had used them
> for a no of years and I wondered if you have any recommendations for
> which ones to get and how to deploy them or is it just trial and error,
> also how can I measure their effectiveness ?

If you don't mind my reply, the "cores" you refer to are <and were>
used to reduce analog "hum."

Years ago <late 80's> I realized I could use "computer grade" cable to
connect the stereos in my home at "line level." The three stereo
systems joined in a switch. By using the "tape monitor" inputs and
outputs I could make things work almost as well squeezeboxen.

Ferrite rings at the end of each connection prevented hum in the
circuits.

This is not to be confused with current digital wiring. Such
physics-based rings can not have an impact on a digital signal's
quality.

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless