Receiver --> Naim NAC42 Pre-amp --> Naim NAP110 Power-amp --> B&W CM2
speakers

The Naim amps were made in 1979. I bought them second hand for £200
from a dealer in 1992. The last set to be sold on e-bay here has just
gone for £360!  Very unusual to find consumer electronics that
appreciates in value over time.

They were a total revelation when I bought them and it is a testament
to their quality that they still sound fantastic today. Good thing I
auditioned them blind, they are hardly beautiful!

The speakers, bought in 2000 for £500, were more of a compromise
between sound quality and decor (or more accurately between me and
newly acquired spouse).

Still very impressive sounding though. The decor was not helped when my
son, aged 3, pushed in the tweeter domes!  Strangely there was no
audible change in the sound quality. However, I am sure I will get
round to having them repaired some day...

Some pictures below, not mine, but the same models and finishes. If I
can find a better picture of the amps on the web I will edit the post.

[image:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T5aJ7DyhvSc/TinheOr5pQI/AAAAAAAADg4/GL1WlTEXMd0/s400/front.jpg]

[image:
http://www.audio-teams.com/webboard/img-lib/webboard/wbp_113114796721.jpg]

--
TheLastMan

Matt
http://www.last.fm/user/MJL-UK
*SqueezeBoxes:* SB Duet (Controller + two receivers)
*Server:* Synology DS107+ (500GB) NAS running LMS 7.7.0 on SSODSmod
4.14
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, 2 x Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 as
access points
*Livingroom:* Receiver into Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver into Denon DM37 mini-system, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:* Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline.