SBGK;688931 Wrote:
> are people on this thread arguing about the same thing ?
>
> this is a TT3.0 thread where the conversion to pcm takes place on the
> pc/laptop so the data going down the Ethernet cable is different to the
> unconverted data and also means that things happening on the pc affect
> the quality of the sound. Don't know if that might help some of the
> dogmatists to find the correct thread for themselves, maybe they can go
> and preach somewhere else.

Conversion to PCM does not take place on the server. PCM is the
bitstream that is handled by the DAC and that is generated inside the
TOUCH by the XILINX chip and it's microcode... IT DOES NOT COME FROM
THE SERVER. What comes from the server is a series of TCP/IP packets
containing ONLY the data was in the files stored on your hard disk.
This is exactly the same as Any other TCP/IP packet... Like the ones
that are bringing this text to your screen.

This is why fiddling with the server will NEVER have a direct effect -
no matter What you do, those TCP/IP packets will contain the same data.
That is how computers work... At least that is how they work in this
universe.

The ONLY possible way in which the server/network could affect the
sound quality on a wired network is by introducing electrical noise
into the touch via the NIC. If this was happening - and it IS possible
- the cable pull test will detect it.

If you don't understand what I have written here there is no hope.

Please do not confuse facts with "dogma".

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.