mashley;690253 Wrote:
> Actually some engineers design their audio equipment to produce great
> specs on paper and they don't even bother to listen to their designs
> because the figures tell them what they believe to be "correct."
>
> Certain people at Audio Note find this highly "amusing" especially
> considering those engineers have produced equipment that looks good on
> paper but actually sound wrong.
> Audio Note produce some of the most highly respected (for the sound)
> equipment today, they are unusual in this regard that they specifically
> make a point of touting their "design by listening" philosophy.

ive heard a fair bit of AN gear, and it is not anything id want
anywhere near my listening space.

the one "all audio note" system I heard(in germany while living there)
was among the worst ive ever heard.

ill take my chances with good specs rather than some mystical "ear
tuned by mystical monks in asia" nonsense.

--
TheOctavist

Vortexbox>SBT(stock(TT failed dbt)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell
0300D

Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due
Venti>>Link Audio K100