DaveWr;690435 Wrote:

> The real key is that common sense applies, there are routes to good
> design, but in the end the final arbiter is the listening experience.

the problem is.. I don't really *care* what the designer prefers,
listening wise..so designing by his ear solely is useless to me. get it
measuring excellent, listen, then measure again. but the thing about
designing primarily by listening is absolutely nuts. no two ear brain
systems are alike, so designing for flat FR, low distortion, etc is the
way to go, imo.

Pinnacle of achievement? Pinnacle of overpriced, foo laden, wallet
raping, audiophiliac nonsense. Seriously. That company(and companies
like LARS) represent to me everything that is wrong with HiFi.

it is primarily why I avoid hifi brands and stick to pro audio. twice
the performance, reliability, etc at a fraction of the cost.

it is a crazy world we live in.

--
TheOctavist

Vortexbox>SBT(stock)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell 0300D

Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due
Venti>>Link Audio K100