The digital part of the system is:

Touch -> Neko D100 DAC (-> BAT 3iX preamp) -> Rogue M-180 monoblocks ->
Vandersteen Quatros

Right now I have the DAC directly connected to the monoblocks.  Though
the BAT adds a touch of sweetness and body (or bloat, depending on how
you hear it), it tends to eat up too much detail.  The soundstage is
more realistic and natural without the BAT.  So I'm looking to get a
passive (or at least extremely transparent) preamp.  The sound with
just the SB digital volume control seems pretty respectable to me,
though.

I still like the BAT for its excellent phono section, but it hardly
seems worth it to keep it just for that.

Everything is connected with Bluejeans XLR cables.  The speaker cables
are Audioquest slate biwire cables (about the cheapest Audioquest
cable.)

--
Daverz