Mnyb;690777 Wrote:
> You can use passive attenuators to get good gainnscaling if you are use
> the low end of the Touch's volume :) or can you set gain in the power
> amp ?

The Neko DAC has a 1V output, which is already about 6dB of
attenuation, since most DACs are 2V or over.  And it just so happens
that the Rogues have a 1V input sensitivity.  So I'm usually in the
range of 60-80 on the SB volume control (-20 to -10 dB) for "serious"
daytime listening.  Unfortunately, Neko doesn't make this 1V version
anymore.

I do have some Roswell 10-dB attenuators (XLR), but I don't like their
effect on the sound (too "smooth").  They also lower the input
impedance of my amps to something like 10k Ohm.  Well, any passive
attenuation will do this, so you have to pay attention to the resistor
values used.

--
Daverz